- Non Surgical
- Facial Rejuvinations
What is facelift surgery?
If you are particular, about your face as you age, then facelift surgery is the right thing for you, also known as rhytidectomy, a facelift is a surgical procedure to improve visible signs of aging in the face as well as the neck
- Creases which extend along the nose and to the corner of the mouth
- Deep creases below the lower eyelids
- Fat that has fallen or displaced
- Muscle tone is lost , in the lower face which may create jowls
- Loose skin, and excess fat deposits under the chin, and jaw which makes the person look abnormal
There are certain rejuvenation procedures, which are performed in conjunction with a facelift, or brow lift, to correct the sagging or deeply furrowed brow, and eyelid surgery to rejuvenate the aging eyes.
What face lifts won't do
Face-lifts cannot stop the process,of aging , also does not change your fundamental appearance .
Is it right for me?
This is a procedure which can be done only surgically, to give you better results, non-surgically treatments are temporary,to rejuvenate the face however you would not receive the same results as a face lift. Facelift surgery is highly recommended , if you are:
- Physically fit
- You do not smoke
- You have a positive outlook , and also a positive mindset to your appearance.
Facelift risks and safety information
To do a facelift depends solely on the individual's decision, however you would need to discuss the pros and cons before the surgery, and know the complications, and if you are ready to go with it.
The surgeon will explain the risks and complications, and ,make sure that you have fully understood
Facelift risks include:
- Unfavourable scarring
- Poor wound healing
- Anaesthesia risks
- Facial nerve injury with weakness
- Facial asymmetry
- Skin loss
- Numbness/ changes in skin sensation
- Fatty tissue found deep in the skin which might die(fat necrosis)
- Fluid accumulation
- Skin contour irregularities
- Discolouration,sensitivity or swelling
- Sutures , which are visible through the skin,and produce irritation that requires removal
- If the results are unsatisfactory, they may include asymmetry, or surgical scar location,unacceptable visible deformities at the ends of the incisions(additional surgery would be required)
- DVT(deep vein thrombosis)
- Possibility of revisional surgery
- It is very important that you clear all your doubts and anxiety with your plastic surgeon before the face lift procedure.
About fibrin sealants, which are made up of (human blood components, to inactivate virus transmission), and help to hold the tissue layers together at surgery, and to diminish post-operative bruising following surgery. This product has been carefully produced from screened donor blood plasma for hepatitis, syphilis, and human immunodeficiency virus(HIV), these products are use to help in diminishing surgical bleeding and by adhering to the layers of tissue together.
When you go home
If you find any discomfort , like shortness of breath, chest pains, or unusual heart beats, seek medically attention immediately.
Follow physicians instructions, as it is the key to success of the surgery. Make sure that there is no force used excessively, abrasion, motion during the time the incisions are healing. Wearing clothing that has a front opening, the doctor will give you instructions on how to care for yourself.
The practice of medicine and surgery is not an exact science. However, good results are expected, and there is no guarantee, in these situations, it may not be possible to achieve optimal results with a single surgical procedure, however another surgery may be required.
Facelift procedure steps
What happens during facelift surgery?
Step 1 – Anaesthesia
The surgeon would administered medications for your comfort, during the procedure. The medication includes, intravenous sedation, general anaesthesia. The doctor will recommend the best choice for you. The variety of other procedures can further enhance the outcome of a facelift. Which would include.
- Technique of Soft tissue augmentation to re-contour the facial structure
- Other techniques ,likeResurfacing to improve the tone and texture of facial skin
- Wrinkle reduction by injection
Step 2 – The incision
This depends on the type of change you would like to see from a facelift, the rhytidectomy surgerychoices which include traditional facelift, limited incision facelift or neck lift.
An alternative or a traditional facelift , this procedure uses shorter incisions at the temples, continuing around the ear and possibly within the lower eyelids or under the upper lip.
This procedure is done with sagging jowls, loose neck skin and fat accumulation under the chin which may be corrected with a neck lift, the neck lift incision often begins in front of the ear lobe and then wraps around behind the ear ending in the lower scalp.
Step 3 – Closing the incisions
After the surgery, the incision lines from a facelift are well concealed within the hairline and in the natural contours of the face and ear.
Step 4 – See the results
After swelling and bruising subsides, you will see improvements on the face. The final result would not only restore a more youthful look, but also feel confident about yourself.
My facelift recovery
A bandage, will be gently placed around your face to minimise the bruising and swelling post the facelift, a thin tube is present to drain the excess blood or fluid that may collect under the skin.
The surgeon will give you a specific instructions which may include:
- How to care for surgical site
- The doctor will give you the necessary medication to take orally, to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection,specific concerns to look for at the surgical site, and follow up with your plastic surgeon.