- Non Surgical
- Facial Rejuvinations
Some people feel that to have full cheeks look very attractive. If you have weak cheeks, may make you look weak and your face appear gaunt, and create an aged appearance to under-eye area.. The cheek augmentation can help restore the fullness to your cheeks,if this fullness is lost with aging or can create the appearance of strong cheek bones if you never had them. With cheek augmentation, there are various options for this kind of surgery,depending on your particular appearance, and how you wish to attain your appearance. With this surgery it adds volume to the cheek by effectively augmenting the bone structure of the cheek region, which enhances the foundation of your face.
Am I a good candidate for cheek implants?
If you lost fullness in your cheeks , or have weeks cheeks, you have the desire to have fuller, and a more youthful appearance, then you could be a candidate for cheek implants. Some patients have used fillers temporarily, however in the past to achieve full cheeks, and health , with a normally functioning immune system.
Standard Procedures,/Cheek Implant Techniques
This surgery can be performed with other surgical procedures, or alone, with this surgery multiple shapes and sizes of the implant are available to fit your particular anatomy and desired change. These implants can be placed through the mouth with a small incision at the gum line, or through a lower eyelid incision if eyelid rejuvenation is being performed at the same time. It depends on the surgeon and his decision , what he decides on your behalf , of what material the cheek implants which can be made of solid silicone or other non-reactive materials like medpor. A surgical pocket is made for the implant directly over the cheek bone, and the implant is placed, and secured either by designing a well fitting pocket, or by affixing it to the soft tissue or the bone. Once the cheek augmentation is complete the incision is closed. This procedure usually takes up to 45 minutes, unless the surgeon is combining other procedures together in addition to cheek augmentation.
Cheek Implants Benefits / Advantages / Options
- To achieve your desired look multiple chin implant choices are available
- Direct surgery, or intra-oral approaches available
- Intra-oral or eyelid approach
- Repeated implant choices to achieve desired look
Cheek Implants Risks / Complications / Patient Safety
- There may be some sensation to the cheek which may be temporarily or permanently change the implants.
- The implants could be shifted especially in the early stages after the surgery. Try to avoid contact with sports for some time
- The retraction of the lower eyelid is possible,this happens with eye-lid approach surgery which could cause dry eye sensation.
- If the implant becomes infected, then removal may be necessary to clear the infection.